Monday 29 February 2016

Amster-dayum Day 3 - The 9 Streets District

The 9 Streets district is a famous part of Amsterdam and home to Anne Frank Huis. Unfortunately the queues for Anne Frank Huis were huge and I can't stand for that long so we had to give it a miss. 


Some of the basement flats have really short doors, and I always thought the Dutch were tall. I have no idea how people managed to get in a door that was 4 and a half foot tall.


Another precarious looking canal house.


And this is how to remove builder's waste in Amsterdam, by crane on to a barge.
  

Vintage store with a difference, perfect if you have a very deep purse, the LV suitcase in the window was 1800 Euros.




You can also take horse drawn carriage rides around the city. 



The museum of spectacles! Another one to visit properly when I return.




Bought a vintage fur scarf in this shop. 



Although it was cold, it was a beautiful sunny day.


A shop selling a myriad of bow ties.



I took an Uber down to Albert Cuyp market. There was only one shop that was interesting to me, another vintage shop but I didn't find anything to buy in this one either.




Did love these chairs too.


And a fabric store/stall that had some interesting fabrics.


Waiting to board our plane home :(


There was a glorious full moon, unfortunately I couldn't really capture it from the plane window, this was the best shot I got.


And finally back at Gatwick where a love story was unfolding. This guy was waiting (and pacing) outside International Arrivals with a big bouquet of flowers.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails