Tuesday 28 September 2010

Photo Friday: Unforgettable

I couldn't choose between these two pics, they are both unforgettable for very different reasons.

This is taken from the top of Kinder Downfall looking across to Kinder Reservoir. It's on the highest point of the Peak District (Kinder Scout). It's the highest climb we've completed in the UK so far and whilst I knew I had a shoulder injury, I didn't know I'd clambered over rocks to get here with a torn shoulder ligament. The view was worth the pain!


This picture doesn't look remarkable, it's not even a great picture but I get goosebumps every time I look at it. It was taken at the site of the WTC in February 2010. I think the building that you can see will be the museum on the site. It was a very eerie place, made more so by the many people going about their daily lives hardly giving a thought to where they are.

1 comment:

Gunsside said...

What a gorgeous view, really unforgettable ;))

Related Posts with Thumbnails