Monday 31 August 2009

Summer Reading Challenge: Do the Goodreads Trivia Quiz and read the first book you come to but haven't yet read.

Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
There was lots about this book that I didn't like in the characters and their actions but the book itself is a wonderfully written epic of unrequited love spanning more than 50 years. I didn't relate particularly to either of the main protagonists, Fermina Daza or Florentino Ariza. Fermina was spoilt and stubborn, often at her own expense, Florentino was insipid and pathetic, a mummy's boy.

That being said I was transported to turn of the century Columbia by the atmospheric writing and the emotions were portrayed in a believable way.

View all my reviews >>

This brings my final total to 405 points, I just scraped past my personal target of 400 points. The new challenge starts tomorrow and I am raring to go!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails