Tuesday 2 June 2009

Summer Reading Challenge: Lizzi’s Task – Judge a book by its cover

For 30 points select a book only because you love the cover and post a picture or a link:


This book is gross, but compelling. Don't even start reading it if you don't have a strong stomach! I'm not sure if I was more disgusted or fascinated by this book though I do question the mental state of the author. I can't imagine writing in such detail about so many taboo topics, from menstruation, anal sex and anal surgery to nose picking and not washing. Toss in a severely dysfuntional family, divorce and a suicide attempt and you have the complete package.

What attracted me to the cover? The bright colours and I couldn't figure out the connection between avocado and the title. Even after I read the frontispiece I couldn't figure it out but you'll have to read the book if you want to know. I picked this book up off the desk of a co-worker (thanks Luke) and when he finished it he left it on my desk to read.


1 comment:

Alan said...

mmm I seem to remember LAST time you were ill you got a shed-load of reading time. Every cloud has a silver lining, I suppose!

I can't pinch ALL your book ideas but I can hardly resist that one, maybe in another category

Related Posts with Thumbnails