Saturday 6 June 2009

Summer Reading Challenge: Rora’s Task – Read a nominee or winner of the Mythopoeic Fantasy Award from 1971-1991

For 30 points read a book that was a nominee or winner of the Mythopoeic Fantasy Award from 1971-1991 Watership Down was nominated for this award in 1975, the winner was Song of Rhiannon by Evangeline Walton

This is a re-read of a book that I read as a teenager and has never left me. The book creates different emotions as you follow the rabbits on their journeys and adventures. Sadness at the loss and joy at their successes.

I don't live very far from the setting of this book so one of my planned summer expeditions is to visit Watership Down and perhaps find some rabbits!


Points so far: 60

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I truly adored Watership Down. Such a fabulous book.

Related Posts with Thumbnails