Thursday 11 February 2016

My Birthday Treat - Part 1

For my 44th Birthday, Alan booked me a surprise trip to ride the London Eye, something that's been on my bucket list for some time. He bought tickets for a day and a night ride on the same day. These are the pics from the day time ride and a walk along the South Bank. 


Arriving, and I know I don't look excited but I was, it was just a bit cold!


Westminster Bridge and The Houses of Parliament.


A beautiful narrow boat "Purdy Cat", another one for the bucket list, to hire one of these and go for a trip on a canal or river somewhere.


St Paul's Cathedral.


The Walkie Talkie building, aka 20 Fenchurch Street. This building became infamous for melting cars on sunny days as it acted as a concave mirror.


The wedge shaped skyscraper is The Leadenhall Building.


The Telecom Tower.


Playing with the panorama function on the camera, even though it was a grey day we had great views and got some fabulous pictures.


The Shard.


Waterloo Station.


Looking down on the Houses of Parliament.


Westminster Abbey, with St Stephen's clocktower containing the bell Big Ben in the foreground.


Buckingham Palace.


MI6 Headquarters.


County Hall, Lambeth, former home of the GLC, now home to London Sea Life Aquarium and the London Dungeon.


Crazy nutter in the pod with me :)


Happy Birthday to me!


Before the second ride we went for a walk along the South Bank. I spotted this in the pavement. The engraving reads "I saw a blade which rises in the sky held by hardly nothing at all - Remembering the Skylon Festival of Britain 1951"


Street Art on the South Bank.


More on the night time trip later with lots of photographs.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails