Thursday 5 January 2012

Finishing Frenzy - 1st Project


Today I challenged my friends on Cross Stitch Crazy to "finish" a Christmas Ornament before the tree is taken down and the decorations put away tomorrow. 
 
I picked one from my stack of "finished unfinished" objects and set to work. First I chose a piece of fabric from my stash that picked up the colours of the stitching. The fabric I chose isn't particularly Christmas-y but it is a pretty shabby chic print. I opted to go for a simple stuffed pillow ornament, but I think I'll be more adventurous next time.

 Then stitched the ornament to the backing fabric, attaching a fabric hanger and leaving a small gap at the bottom to stuff the ornament.

Finally I stuffed the ornie, stitched close the gap at the bottom and took a picture to prove I can finish things IF I set my mind to it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails