Monday 5 December 2011

Paring down...


I've decided to pare down my WIP list and remove three projects that hadn't even been started - so they've disappeared from my sidebar. It was a liberating experience. Why did I do this? Because I'm following a rotation again. 

I've put five projects into my rotation and will add in another only if I complete something. I have four projects waiting in the wings that do have stitches in them (though in three of them there are very few stitches indeed). It was the thought of starting WIPocalypse 2012 that has prompted this move. I really want to finish these older projects so I can start new things.

The current rotation is:
Earth Dragon by Cross My Heart
Flirt - a wrap knitted in Debbie Bliss Cathay
A patchwork table runner in various coffee themed fabrics
Blumen in Raster from an old Burda Cross Stitch magazine (German edition)
Four Horses of the Apocalypse by Kustom Krafts (a project inherited from my daughter after she gave up)

Waiting in the wings are:
Celtic Spring by Lavender & Lace
Spot of Summer by The Drawn Thread
Winterhaven by Just Nan
Stargazer Lilies by The Silver Lining

I am hoping that I will only have 5 WIPs by the end of the year - wish me luck!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails