Tuesday 22 March 2011

Not for those of a nervous disposition...

I have the long-awaited endoscopic pictures from my shoulder ligament repair in September.

This is the xray taken before my MRI, they used this to inject the contrast fluid in. You can see the contrast as the dark patch behind the top of my arm. The very dark spot on the top is from three failed attempts to get the contrast into my joint. Later that day and the next day I began to react to the contrast and had kidney pain and felt awful. This lasted for three days and was rather unpleasant!


Below you can see one of the endoscopic picture taken during the surgery. The tear in my posterior ligament can be clearly seen - the ragged edge a the top should be joined to the other ragged edge in the middle.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails