Wednesday 16 September 2009

Fall Reading Challenge: Read one of the Seasonal Book Challenge Group Reads

Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously by Julie Powell


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
The book is funny, and having just seen the movie adaptation which is in places very different, I have to say this is one movie of a book that didn't disappoint me. Julia Child fascinated me when I saw her cooking show even though I was too young (and not living in the US) to see it when it originally aired - she was a heroine for quirky women and as i grow older i want to be quirkier too!

Read this if you love food...

View all my reviews >>

And the pearls were my "car bomb when you least it expect it in a movie because that wasn't in the book" moment ;)

Points for this book: 20
Points to date: 120

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails