Saturday 5 September 2009

Fall Reading Challenge: Read a book written in the last ten years and made into a movie in the last five. Compare the book & movie.

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
I read this for the 2009 Fall Challenge here on Goodreads. The task was to compare the book to the movie and I have to say that the movie missed out some key facts/plot devices that were critical to the ending of the book. So whilst the movie was a predictable suspense/action movie (I knew there was going to a be a car bomb and that doesn't appear in the book) but despite the flat characterization in the book that gave the actors little to play with it was a watchable movie that cracked on at a pace.

I was disappointed that we didn't find out who the Camarlengo's father was (we do in the book) and that the man who becomes Pope is different to the book.

All in all I preferred the book to the movie but it was a close call

View all my reviews >>

Points earned with this book: 25
Points to date: 50


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails