Saturday 6 February 2021

Delayed January round up

 I had a great stitching month and got lots done, here are the before and after shots of each project I stitched on and some stats (because i like spreadsheets)

First up was my New Year, New Start - Pandemic by Long Dog. I Stitched 1157 stitches on January 1st and then put this one away until my decision wheel picks it again. I'm stitching it on 34ct Natural linen from Weddigen using Sulky 12wt cotton in colour 4007 Red Brick. I am thinking about stitching the animals in black but haven't yet decided.



Next up was WIPGO project #18 Companions by Teresa Wentzler. My goal was to add 20% progress to this project. It's stitched on 28ct white Jobelan using the called for DMC threads. There are a lot of blends and fractionals so it's quite slow going. I stitched 4968 stitches on this project and went from 2% to 28% complete. 



The next project I picked up was the 2017 Linen & Threads Mystery Sampler because it was the 4th Anniversary of starting it. This one is stitched on 36ct Graziano Linen using DMC 310 - the first picture is the closest representation to the actual fabric colour, it's a very bright red. I stitched 223 stitches and finished the March section.



Next up was a collection of public domain borders from Europe which i stitched on fabric from my stash using random threads. I stitched 3754 stitches and this was my first finish of 2021. This was WIPGO square #6 so I met both my goals in the first month of WIPGO.




For Dark 13 Stitching I worked on Recipe for a Magical Night by Alessandra Adelaide. This is from the 2011 Just Cross Stitch Halloween edition. I stitched only 283 stitches on this piece. I'm stitching this on 28ct white Jobelan using all the called for DMC colours.



Next up was a Gecko Rouge design for an anatomical heart, I worked 918 stitches on this piece. I added the lightest shade of red as this was designed to be stitched on white fabric and those parts left blank and I'm using a natural shade.




I picked up Steotch 2019, which is on a 28ct opalescent evenweave. I stitched 867 stitches on this piece and managed to get parts 4 & 5 finished, and started part 6.




Next up was a full coverage piece from a Leonid Afremov artwork. I'm stitching this on 20ct evenweave in Gelb (Gold) from Weddigen, full cross over 1 using 1 strand of DMC. I gridded using Sulky Sliver and this is my first go at the "extreme cross country" style of stitching where you complete one colour at a time. I completed 536 stitches.





Merry 25 Stitching was an old freebie collaboration from Just Nan, Charland Designs and Shepherd's Bush Printworks from 1999. This was a new start as the only other Christmas design I had was Companions and I had already stitched on it for 12 days in January. I stitched 450 stitches on this piece.


And here's what the finished design should look like




Next was the piece that became my second finish of 2021. It's my own design, stitched on 28ct light green linen. I used House of Embroidery thread in Moss and an Anchor variegated for the peacock tails. I stitched 529 stitches on this one to complete it.




Third finish of 2021 was Autumn Song from Blackbird Designs, stitched on 30ct Korty's Blend from R & R Reproductions using mostly the called for threads. I switched out Weeks Dye Works Swamp Water for Classic Colorworks Coffee as I didn't want a green-black bird. 578 stitches saw this one to completion.




Final project of the month was Deer Forest from Owl Forest Embroidery, worked using their threads from the kit on a Zweigart natural linen. I only worked 78 stitches on this piece.




I stitched for 28 days in January, I only missed the 6tth, 30th and 31st. My stitch count for the month was 14341, averaging over 500 stitches a day so it was a fabulous stitching month. I worked on 10 WIPs, started 2 new projects and finished 3. I completed both WIPGO goals for the month.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails