This is what I've been working on this week, it's now 71% complete. My aim for this year was to get it to 75% and then move on to the next project in my pile of WIPS. It may be that Four Horses of the Apocalypse sees daylight sooner than I expected.
Wednesday, 31 July 2013
Thursday, 25 July 2013
Monday, 22 July 2013
Sunday, 21 July 2013
A yummy red velvet cupcake for afternoon tea (thanks Costco)
And new stash found at the Swallowfield Car Boot Sale & the new buttons from the Community Furniture Project.
Saturday, 20 July 2013
I changed a few things - I used a dense blackwork fill pattern for the eyes, added a tummy in yellow and changed the feet & beak. He looks very 70s to me and I love him!
Stitched on 28ct white monaco with various hand-dyed threads Sarsparilla (Gentle Art), Ohio Lemon Pie (Gentle Art), RIP Purple (Olde Willow Stitchery) & Nabimbi Sunset (Windy Hill Designs - from the Rainforest Dyer's Collaboration Pack). He's finished into a small pillow so he can be displayed in a box/shelf I found the other week.
You can find the chart for sale here from Coma Stitch on Pinterest
Thursday, 18 July 2013
It's been so long since I stitched this quaker stocking that I can't remember the designer name but today I turned this into a stocking to hang up at Christmas time. One more Finished Unfinished Project (FUP) bites the dust!
Sunday, 14 July 2013
Friday, 12 July 2013
First gather your materials, I chose two toning fabrics, ribbon and a wooden button to make a book bag from this Brightneedle design stitched over 1 on linen
Cut your fabric pieces, I used the following:
2 strips of light fabric to go on the bottom of the bag (back & front) 23cm x 7½cm
1 piece of light fabric 23cm x 14cm to make the main part of the back of the bag
2 strips of dark fabric to go on the bottom of the bag (back & front) 23cm x 7½cm
2 pieces of dark fabric to make the lining 23cm x 29cm
2 pieces of dark fabric to make the handles 23cm x 5cm
Iron all the pieces of fabric
Pin the light strip and the dark strip, right sides facing, in place on to the stitched piece and sew together along the bottom & top edge
Iron the piece again, repeat the pinning and stitching with the back piece. Pin the two lining pieces right side together and stitch together along three sides, leaving the top open
Fold the two handle pieces right sides together and sew together on the long edge, turn right side out and iron flat
Place the lining, inside out around the bag with the right sides together, handles pinned in place. Sew together around the top edge leaving a gap of about 2-3" open
Pull the bag right way out through the gap, iron again
Add a ribbon to wrap around a button and sew the opening shut with small hand stitches. Sew on a button and it's all done
Wednesday, 10 July 2013
I was a little bit naughty and bought some more fabric - thanks to Crafty Rahenna for the superb transaction, she included the Good Huswife chart to offset postage from Texas.
Tuesday, 9 July 2013
Saturday, 6 July 2013
Friday, 5 July 2013
I'm not thrilled with the way it turned out but I do have three squares joined on the same length of ribbon - I didn't include the squirrel as it was larger than the other three, that one I'll finish some other way another day.
Thursday, 4 July 2013
Second new (well new to us) purchase was a sofa and two armchairs from the local Community Furniture Project as the ones we had were well past comfortable.
And here's my very empty living room, I took advantage of the emptiness and the carpet was shampooed and is now a bit more respectable