Monday, 30 January 2012
Saturday, 28 January 2012
Oh I'm on a roll these days with the finishing doo-dads. I looked at these two an thought they belonged together. They are from a squares exchange that I took part in years ago. My theme was "British Wildlife" - caused some issues with my overseas pals (oops, I got better at choosing RR themes as time went on)
I found a fat quarter that picks out the blue of the rabbit square and then left it on the kitchen table all afternoon whilst I figured out what to do with them. I settled on some offset patchwork to make a small wall hanging. I didn't use the buttons I dug out and I couldn't figure out where to put them! I know the patches aren't quite square, I've only done a little patchwork so I'm still learning.
Friday, 27 January 2012
Another FUP was finished tonight. This was the third of the Bride's Tree Ornaments I've finished so far (though I'm not so happy with my February one and can see me stitching another design for that)
In the end I didn't use the beaded trim - I stitched the piece of co-ordinating ribbon close to the seam of the pink fabric and the needlework. The piece of ribbon was saved from an item of clothing, it was used to hold the small envelope that held spare buttons. I always keep these small scraps of ribbon as they are enough to make a hanger for an ornament.
Thursday, 26 January 2012
I'm really starting to enjoy finishing things into little doo-dads! When I get my craft room it's going to have a fabulous collection of finished pieces that will make me smile every day...
Thursday, 19 January 2012
This is one of my own designs that I stitched as part of a collaborative effort on a forum to create a calendar. I think this must have been 10+ years ago as it's stitched on Aida. I'll be charting from my finish and publishing this one as a freebie on Sew Stitchy as soon as possible.
I picked two pieces of fabric from my stash to finish this one into a flat tuck wall-hanging - one a dusky pink plain poly/cotton, the other a funky print cotton fat quarter
And this is the finish piece, with a narrow border in the pink fabric, backed with the printed fabric. I used iron-on interfacing to stop the piece sagging. Another FUP bites the dust!
Sunday, 15 January 2012
Thursday, 12 January 2012
I used some scraps of red fabric, black bias binding and some black and red ribbon to make this hanging tuck pillow.
And I love the way is holding it between his paws in this picture.
Monday, 9 January 2012
Another FUP bites the dust. I found some neon pink felt in my stash that was just perfect for finishing of this little beauty! I mounted the stitching on a piece of acid-free foam core and glued it to the felt with a ribbon hanger.
Now I'm pondering taking it to work or saving it to hang on the door of my craft room when I get it (when Tom heads to university we are switching rooms around in the house)
Friday, 6 January 2012
Small ones (I plan on finishing these one's first) - there are christmas ornaments, autum/nature themed pieces and some valentines & bride's tree ornaments.
Medium ones - I haven't decided what I'm doing with these ones, they made need to be framed so they may be one's I try to do myself
Thursday, 5 January 2012
Then stitched the ornament to the backing fabric, attaching a fabric hanger and leaving a small gap at the bottom to stuff the ornament.